Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Everybody can do something

After over a week of battling a thick cough and fever I'm back in the training saddle!  Last week I missed nearly the entire week's worth of training because I was lying in bed sick - so my long run was shortened to a paltry 4 miles.  That said, although my pace is still a bit higher than I'd like I'm feeling more energized by the day!  I decided for one of my no-impact cardio workouts to test out the gym's pool - man, I forgot how tiring swimming can be!  After twenty minutes of lap swimming I was very tired and headed for the showers.  Since it appears as if Boston has been a snow magnet for storms lately, I've been relegated to training on the treadmill for the past two weeks or so since the sidewalks are just barely cleared.  And although the treadmill is something I dread - it's been good for me to push through.  This week I'm looking to have a long run of 7 to 8 miles, although we'll have to see how my legs respond after last week's lack of training.

Today on the runDFMC community board one of my teammates had posted a link to a website for a new movie - www.myrunmovie.com.  If you have an extra minute or so to check out the preview for the movie then I highly recommend it.  The summary: 75 marathons in 75 days.  75!!!  This man had lost his wife to breast cancer, and was a single parent.  Oh, and he wasn't a runner.  Anyway, during one of his interview he says, 'Every one of us can do something.  Be a hero.  Be somebody's hero.'  I liked that a lot - everyone can do something.  What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment