Sunday, March 20, 2011

Less than a month to go!

The last three weeks of training I've been pushing the mileage and with just under a month remaining until race day I have a very challenging 19-miler as well as an 18-miler under my belt, and am looking forward to next week's 20+ mile run!  This will be my longest training run, and then the tapering begins!!  Can you tell I'm excited?  Anyway, over the past couple weeks I've been able to attend several DFMC group runs, which has certainly made the longer training runs more bearable.  My moving pace has been pretty consistently below 11 minutes for all the longer runs, so I feel well-prepared thus far but don't want to get too far ahead of myself just yet.  In terms of fundraising, I'm just over the $3,000 mark and am hoping to have a strong push before Marathon day!  I spent most of the day today putting together a video that outlines what the DFMC team is all about, so be sure to head over to my facebook page and check that out.  Pretty cool stuff!  I'm going to attempt to post that here as well, but since I'm not terribly blog-savvy then I won't make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment